Wednesday, August 27, 2008

where's the beef?

broiled steak is supposed to be easy and delish to make. i seasoned it with garlic salt, salt, pepper, basil and olive oil. d told me the last 2 ingredients weren't supposed to be added. he said if there is oil on it, it cooks it too quickly and the salt does not absorb into the meat. 6.5 minutes on each side. but if you ask me, it tasted delish, with all the marbled fat. then i stirfried yellow and white squash in expensive garlic olive oil (which d later told me wasn't to be used for cooking but for dipping), and added pretty much the same seasoning as the steak. a bit on the greasy side but oh so good. after eating the entire plate, i was still hungry. i'll blame it on my supposed increasing metabolism, because i did put in more than 5 miles yesterday. definitely one of my faves and easy too!

1 comment:

Brenya ☆彡 said...

damn, it sounds complicated. cup of noodles, anyone? :D