Friday, October 24, 2008

life's a bike.

i'm excited about biking again. for as long as i can remember, i have always had a bike. it was my recreation since i could walk to the present day. some of my happiest moments were riding my bike around my old hood, wind in my hair, sun on my back, smile on my face. i felt freeeee! of course they got more expensive and fancier as i got older. i remember one x'mas my parents got me a pink Barbie bike from Costco. i could tell what the present was from the shape even though it was wrapped. i loved it. but i always loved this old black boy's bike we inherited from the child of a family friend. i even remember, the boy's name was Winston. i loved that black bike and rode it everywhere. to this day, my gramma still has a picture of me on that bike hanging on her wall. i've upgraded since. i now have a black Giant mountain bike for women that cost me around $200. i haven't gotten on that thing for ages but i've kept it for a couple years now. it's in the shop for tune-up but as soon as we pick up our bikes tomorrow, trails beware!!

No comments: