Friday, October 10, 2008

baking soda isn't just for baking anymore.

when i lifted the hood to my car yesterday, i noticed battery acid corrosion on my car battery. i called my friend's husband who was a mechanic b/c i knew there was a cheap home remedy for this. he said it's natural over time for the acid to leak out and when the people installed my battery, they did not spray an anti-corrosion chemical over it. he said to mix baking soda with water until it had the consistency of nonfat milk, pour it over the corrosion and after it was done fizzling, wipe it off then rinse with water. wala! it worked. aside from the pleasure of watching the nasty stuff fizz off, it's all clean, my car starts with more ease and i saved tons of money that a mechanic would have charged me to do the same thing. or those expensive bottles which would have mixed the baking soda for me. i love home remedies.

No comments: