Thursday, October 16, 2008

hair-do part deux.

so my hair didn't exactly turn out the way i wanted.
what i loved:
1. the triple shampoo and conditioner action. he must have washed and conditioned my hair at least 3 times. johnny had some masseuse-like hands! not only did my hair feel squeeky clean, he massaged the crap out of my scalp.
2. the layering and thinning of my hair. i have some thick ass hair and can always appreciate a good thinning. i also appreciated the cutting of dry ends and a new do altogether.
3. watching johnny comb dry, curl and tease my hair. it's always nice to learn from the experts how to make my hair look salon-good cuz i know it'll never look that way again til my next hair cut.
4. i think my hair looked better afterwards than the day i went to prom. i had to take pictures to memorialize what a fine do.
5. he nearly replicated the picture i handed him. i was wowed. except for the shorter and thinner bangs he gave me.
6. he was a no-nonsense hairdresser. i like that.
7. how the price included the shampooing, cutting and styling and drying of my hair.

what i didn't like:
1. how my hair looked after i showered.
2. the shorter and thinner bangs.

i was thoroughly amused watching another hairdresser or perhaps the owner while i was getting my hair done. she kinda had nappy hair in a ponytail. i watched her wash her own hair. then i saw her dry it. then i saw her put huge curlers in it. then i saw her take out the curlers, at which point her hair looked nice. but then i saw her put her hair back into her original nappy ponytail. and all i was thinking was, why did she go through all that trouble?

No comments: