Friday, October 24, 2008

jack-o-lantern.

i think one of my favorite past-times of halloween is carving jack-o-lanterns. i don't always do a good job but i always have tons of fun doing it. i usually carve a big one for myself and a little one for my pug. i love the smell of the insides of the pumpkin with the candle burning lighting it up. it smells like roasted pumpkin. i enjoy the orange glow coming from the hopefully scary face of my pumpkin. i like to turn off all the lights and watch my lanterns glow. i like to bake the pumpkin seeds with salt and pepper and eat those crunchy snacks. i like perusing the pumpkin patch for the perfect pumpkin to catch my eye. the entire process is just so much fun. and we get to do it this weekend! yay!

it's nice to feel like a kid again without having to be one.

No comments: