Monday, January 12, 2009

Toastmasters Int'l

i went to a Toastmasters Int'l meeting tonight and have decided to join. it's one of those life resolutions i never got around to doing. but i decided it's time. it's something i've been wanting to do for years now. it's a group where the members perfect their public speaking skills, group-leading skills and evaluate others' speeches. there is structure, form and organization in the weekly meetings and it was a bit unnerving as i watched the members do planned and impromptu speeches in front of an audience of about 11. public speaking tops the nation's greatest fears list and it's time for me to conquer it. it will do wonders wherever i go, whatever i do. it will make me a more comfortable person in general. in my profession, you do alot of training and presentations and speaking to groups. public speaking is not only essential but part and parcel to my work. this oughta be hard and fun at the same time. we even got a First Time attendees ribbon!

1 comment:

Tigeress said...

I should take a speech class myself. I need to work on my public speaking skills and hmong now that I'm the church treasurer. Good Luck!