Monday, January 19, 2009

TM 2nd week

so tonight i did my first speech at Toastmasters int'l. it was impromptu. we had to pick a fortune cookie and make a speech on how the fortune related to our lives. my fortune said something about me being a quality person. i was so nervous. i honestly can't even remember what i said. i blushed, shook, looked down, froze and they counted 6 ums, and a few other filler words. out of everyone, i had the single highest number of filler words. i outnumbered everyone else by ALOT. i know this about myself, but it was just embarassing to hear them tell me how many i used. they tell everyone how many they used. you'd think i'd be used to this by now with all the presentations and speeches i have done, but NO.

i'm summoning up courage to go back next week. i paid my fees so i pretty much committed. my little cousin agreed to go check it out next week. she's an introvert. i don't know if she'll actually join.

i just wanted to say aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

No comments: