Monday, June 9, 2008

a friend in need is a friend in need.

i can truly understand how much clearer the picture is when you're outside looking in. i see the person i used to be when i look at her and it pains me deeply. one without foresight or hindsight. reckless and foolhardy, so so blind. he is an awful, horrible perverted jerk yet she cannot see that, or does not want to. he does to her what others once did to me and my friends tried to warn me about those men, yet i ignored them all, believing that that particular jerk was an exception to the rule. listening to her makes me sick and sad inside, i almost don't want to talk to her. honestly, i wish she'd stop talking about him and what he makes her do. i feel disgusted and want to shake her as hard as i can so she will wake up, so she will feel the disgust i feel and feel so ashamed and embarrassed that she will never think about him again without cringing. for her stories make me cringe with utter horror and loathe. i can now see what my friends had always warned me about with those men. their silent screams were in vain, as i could not hear what i did not want to hear. nor can my friend in need. i've tried everything i could to convince her but she remains unmoved. it is true. people will do what they will do. you can share your war stories but they will fall on deaf ears. only when she opens hers and her eyes will things begin to make sense. but i do fear that it is too late.

1 comment:

Tigeress said...

It's wise to listen and learn but sometimes pple learn differently.