Thursday, April 3, 2008

nike+.

so i finally got off my lazy ass to make like a hamster and put in my 5 miles on the treadmill. i never understood the concept of running indefinitely yet getting nowhere. whoever devised the whole treadmill concept is either a genius or a complete sadist or a practical joker. i think even hamsters are onto it.

the pressure of not getting kicked out of my own challenge was enough to get me to my closet-size condo-complex gym. peer pressure can be utilized in such positive ways. the only way to prove that i got off my lazy ass was to download my workout data on nikeplus. i have been trying to restore the original settings on my ipod because for some reason the website was not reading my data. in order to restore the settings, i had to download the latest software from itunes. enter the dinosaur fujitsu laptop. i have a laptop that is probably less technologically advanced and effective than pen and quill. it's slow, unreliable and just plain sucky. i tried to download the aforementioned software, but it was estimated to take up to 4 hours to complete because of the aforementioned reason. but i took my chance and although was sure the download was unsuccessful, i convinced myself it worked. it looked like it took because i noticed that it logged 22 runs as opposed to the 7 before. so i was all excited, thinking, "this will show those marathon runners who are clearly not beginners but who accepted my challenge!" i put in the painful 5 miles, where i pretty much alternated between watching the treadmill odometer on a second by second basis and a bad korean soap. i got home and connected my ipod to my computer, held my breath, and lo and behold, NOTHING!! can't say i was surprised.

they always said, if it's not logged, or downloaded in this instance, it never happened.
damn you ipod, damn you itunes, damn you nikeplus, damn you fujitsu, damn you marathon runners who now are laughing all the way around the track.

nike+ is more like nike-.

3 comments:

mushroommeadows said...

You sound a bit frustrated. :( I'm sorry nike+ isn't working for you. The idea sounds interesting though.

Anyway, you remind me, I need to start working out; I'm not liking my muffin top. :(

Brenya ☆彡 said...

You post confused me and maybe it is because I'm thinking too much again. Soooo...it manage to upload all your other previous run (7 additional) but not the most recent one??? How does that work? :) Did you try to upload several time?

This suck b/c i was hoping to be one of the laughing runner but no use in laughing when u're not running :P

BuddingCook said...

just do it! :D that's what nike says. oh yea my other blog isn't really a blog it's just ummm a list of what i did like exercised or ate but i don't update it.