Tuesday, March 18, 2008

a metaphor to close the door.

my last relationship can be summarized with the following metaphor:
he injected me with penicillin repeatedly, thinking the more antibiotic in my system, the more likely my infection would heal and i would be restored to full and complete health. he had only good intentions. he could not understand why, with the quantity of penicillin in my system and the time and effort he spent trying to nurse me back to health, i was not getting any better. in fact, i seemed to be getting slightly worse or even to develop immunity towards the injections.
alas, 5 years later, it was realized that i did not have an infection at all. i simply had really bad allergies to an unfitting relationship.

1 comment:

mushroommeadows said...

wow. i know people who are allergic to penicillin.