Monday, March 3, 2008

Eggs

While paying absurd prices at IHOP or IHOPEthefoodisclean, my girlfriends and I deliberated over the different styles in which an egg can be prepared. Scrambled, sunny side-up, over-easy (my fave), over-medium (which we later learned about), over-hard, poached, florentine, benedict, boiled, raw. There's also (steam-)basted, shirred, baked, and different styles under each. Never knew eggs could be so complicated. I was thinking it would be neat to hybridize different styles into a new one and to name it after yourself. One could have a field day with this one. A Lusa-style egg would be warm and mushy in the inside.

Speaking of eggs, why did the chicken cross the playground?
Give up?
To get to the other slide.
(Courtesy of a co-worker)
Funny?
Eggsactly.

1 comment:

mushroommeadows said...

egg-cellent post. I like deviled eggs, though I prefer to call them angeled-eggs.