Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The distance between what Is and what Ought To Be

I love him but I doubt him
I love him but I hurt him
I love him but I upset him
I love him but I piss him off
I love him but I confuse him

We don't mean to hurt the ones we love. Sometimes we just do. We don't mean to take people for granted, or use them as doormats, or crutches, or life support, or therapists, or expect them to understand while we drown in our own emotional turmoil, or to be patient while we feel sorry for ourselves and figure out what we want, but we do. I don't mean to do alot of things, but I still do them.
I don't have an excuse. I just happen to be lucky enough to be with someone who's still sticking around. I'm a diamond in the rough. With enough pressure, I can rival anything that comes out of those DeBeers coalmines.

No comments: