Tuesday, February 26, 2008

love

did i mention i'm in love?
here's proof.

You're not like the Mona Lisa
Over-rated and small
You're more like the statue of David
Standing superhuman tall.
Van Gogh barely touched it
With his Starry Starry Night
Cuz when I look into your eyes
My heart takes celestial flight.
You're like the Pantheon
So sturdy and strong
And alot like the Acropolis
Still here after everything else is gone.
Monet made impressions
But nothing like the one you give
Picasso can be preserved
But our love is sure to outlive.
The Louvre has treasures
That classic artists vie
Between you and the artwork there
You're the one piece that will never die.
You're an image
That no artist could ever capture
When we're together
It's like I'm in a Renaissance rapture.
I wish I could preserve you
If only to keep you forever
But at least I know we have something more breathtaking
Than any sculptor could ever put together.

No comments: